Friday, November 12, 2010

Sign of Reasoning and Casual Reasoning

I found the picture on page 253 on Epstein really interesting, because it reminded me of the questions that they had for the tests I took before getting into college. At first I thought that they were just a simple methodology of reasoning, but it turns out the pictures actually have more elaborate meaning when it comes to analogy.
Anyway, that was only one of the things I found interesting in this week’s topic, but the one that really caught my attention was Sign of Reasoning, because even if we’re just having a casual conversation with friends or in class, we don’t really focus that we are pretty much almost always reasoning when we talk. Not only that, but we also use Casual Reasoning when trying to make sense of things by figuring out why such things happened. For example:
Amanda has been working as a volunteer at the children’s hospital, and she hasn’t been getting enough sleep. She probably caught the cold from one of the patients and lack of sleep making her more vulnerable to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment