Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Online Advertising

The advertisement I found is about an opportunity to have an in-studio photo shoot with Blue Sky, which is supposedly a prestigious photo shoot company for known brands and magazines. The advertisement entitles customers about eighty-four percent discount than the usual price, and also guarantees a satisfactory experience and portraits. I believe the claims given in the website are acceptable since livingsocial.com is a website that many of my friends use and trust when it comes to getting exclusive discounts.  
However, it also depends on the product that the website is advertising. There might be claims that sound very appealing to customers, but there is a possibility that there are catches when it comes to things that are too good to be true. Even if Blue Sky sounds like a reputable photo studio, we do not know if they really produce good photos because for the famous brands mentioned in the ad. It is obvious that they would edit the pictures for extra cost to create more appealing posters for their companies. There is no certainty that the pictures taken for average customers would be as good as for those taken for the top notch brands mentioned. We cannot be so sure with internet ads until we actually check the fine prints and agreements that come with them.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good example of an online advertisement. It's true that this site can be trusted because a lot of people use it. Overall, this studio is well known, and people do claim that the website offers satisfying deals, experience, and portraits. Although, yes it's true that just because it is a good deal, people can question the quality of photos. I personally felt this same exact thing when I ordered my HP laptop via costco.com. Costco advertises well and a lot of us world wide shop at costco for their good bulk deals. So I decided to try purchasing a customized laptop. All it offered were good prices for its hardware, but the question I had was how well will this laptop perform? Also, what does the laptop even look like? I did not know the answer to those, so I had to wait and see for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your example of how this ad could be either a scam or real. After reading the advertisement from the link you posted, I myself was not sure if this was a scam or not. I don’t know much about photography so I have never heard of blue sky but if they are as prestigious as the ad says I find it hard to believe that they would be having a photo shoot of seventy five photos for just ninety five dollars. The again if this site where you found the deal is as credible as you say then I guess the only way to find out is to try it and see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! digital advertising

    ReplyDelete